SSC MTS General Awareness Solved Paper
Date:- 2 August 2019, Shift 2
No of Question in Set 3: 13
You can access all the questions through the page number tab at the bottom of each set.13. In which year the Communist Party was formed in India?
Answer –B. 1925
14. Which of the following feature was borrowed from the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR) in Indian Constitution?
A. Five year Plan
B. Concurrent list
C. Fundamental Rights
Answer –A. Five year Plan
15. Which of the following cell organelles is known as suicide bag?
A. Golgi Apparatus
C. Endoplasmic Reticulum
Answer –B. Lysosome
16. Gunmetal is an alloy of:
A. Copper, Zinc, Lead
B. Copper, Lead, Silver
C. Copper, Tin, Zinc
D. Copper, Iron, Nickel
Answer –C. Copper, Tin, Zinc
Explanation-• Gunmetal is composed of 88% copper, 10% tin, and 2% zinc.
• It is used for gears and bearings that are to be subjected to heavy loads and low speeds.
17. In which state of India is the Gol Gumbaz situated?
Answer –B. Karnataka
18. Beriberi is caused by deficiency of:
A. Vitamin B6
B. Vitamin B1
C. Vitamin B3
D. Vitamin B2
Answer –B. Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
19. Which of the following is the Largest Cricket Stadium in the world?
A. Melbourne Cricket Ground
B. Eden Gardens
C. Perth Stadium
D. Lord’s Cricket Stadium
Answer –A. Melbourne Cricket Ground
Explanation- ◘ Currently, Narendra Modi Stadium is the Largest Cricket Stadium in the world.
◘ Top 3 Largest Cricket Stadium in the world
• 1 – Narendra Modi Stadium (Capacity-132,000)
• 2 – Melbourne Cricket Ground (Capacity – 100,024)
• 3 – Eden Gardens (Capacity – 68,000)
20. Gurjit Kaur is associated with which of the following sport?
B. Weight Lifting
Answer –D. Hockey
Explanation-• Gurjit Kaur (born 25 October 1995) is an Indian female field hockey player.
•She was the most successful goal-scorer during India’s Asia Cup title triumph with 8 goals.
21. Which of the following Noble gas is used as anesthetic agent?
Answer –A. Xenon
22. The President of 19th session of the Indian National Congress was ______.
A. Sir Henry Cotton
B. Gopal Krishan Gokhale
C. Surendrnath Banerjee
D. Lal Mohan Ghosh
Answer –D. Lal Mohan Ghosh
Explanation-The President of the 19th session (1903, Madras) of the Indian National Congress was Lal Mohan Ghosh.
23. Dugong is the key fauna of which Biosphere Reserve?
A. Great Runn of Kutch
D. Gulf of Mannar
Answer –D. Gulf of Mannar
24. Which symbiotic bacterium is responsible for nitrogen fixation?
Answer –D. Rhizobium
25. Who was the writer of ‘Ain-i-Akbari’?
A. Abul Fazl
C. Khafi Khan
Answer –A. Abul Fazl