Answer –D. Pallavas
2. Who was the President of the ‘Independence for India league’ formed in 1928?
A. Rash Bihari Bose
B. Srinivas Iyengar
C. Subhas Chandra Bose
D. Jawaharlal Nehru
Answer –B. Srinivas Iyengar
3. In ancient times, what was Awadh (Oudh) known as?
Answer –A. Kosala
4. Bengal Sati Regulation, 1829 was brought out by which Governor General?
A. Edward Law
B. Lord William Bentinck
C. Sir Henry Hardinge
D. William Button worth Bayley
Answer –B. Lord William Bentinck
5. In how many cities did Maharaja Jai Singh II build Jantar Mantar?
Answer –C. Five
6. The National Emblem of India is an adaptation of the Lion Capital built by which emperor?
Answer –B. Ashoka
7. Who is the author of the novel “Anandamath”?
A. Dinabandhu Mitra
B. Subramania Bharathi
C. Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay
D. Bhartendu Harish Chandra
Answer –C. Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay
8. What does the term “Yajur” in Yajur Veda mead?
Answer –C. Sacrifice
9. The group of monuments at Mahabalipuram in Tamil Nadu was built by the _____
Answer –C. Pallavas
10. Which one of the following dynasties did NOT belong to South India?
Answer –B. Pala